Work With Us
Our open positions are listed below.
Position: Program Assistant
(Part-time status/no benefits – Summer Hire – Temporary)
General Statement of Responsibility:
Responsible for assisting staff in the implementation of assigned Scott Center programs or services. Assisting with maintaining a safe and orderly Center environment, providing appropriate guidance, assistance, and supervision of Center members.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read, understand, and follow written and oral directions
- Ability to effectively interact with the public, Center members, and other employees
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Knowledge of child development and appropriate behavior modification
- Ability to engage in physical indoor and outdoor activities with youth members
- Ability to engage youth in programmatic service
- Ability to utilize a computer and basic software
Required Education and Experience:
- Requires minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year related experience in working with youth is preferred.
- Requires an acceptable driving record to assist with transportation.
- Requires an acceptable criminal and child protective services background check.
- Must be available to work afternoons, evenings, and/or weekends.
Starting at $11.00/hour
Working Task & Responsibilities:
- Assist with directing Center members to their assigned areas/activities throughout the program, ensure that members conduct themselves in an orderly and safe manner
- Assist Center staff with the supervision of program participants to ensure their safety at the Center and during community outings and programs
- Assist with the planning of programs and services for youth participants
- Assist Center staff with the implementation of structured activities and recreation for program participants, as needed
- Assist in the completion of other related duties and responsibilities, which ensure the proper daily operation of the program, to include transportation and facility supervision.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Applicants can apply online below. You may also come to the C. Waldo Scott Center to obtain an application, or you may click here to download a PDF application and email it to email@example.com.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as directed by the supervisor.
For additional information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (757) 244-9223.
*C. Waldo Scott Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!!
To continue to provide quality programs and services for youth and adults, the Scott Center needs your support through donations or volunteer efforts. The Scott Center is a non-profit organization with a tax-exempt status, therefore, your donations are tax deductible.